Prepare for Windows Server & SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 End of Life
Extended support ends on July 9, 2019 for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 and January 14, 2020 for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2.
If you’re running Windows Server or SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2, these versions are reaching the end of their support lifecycle. Each version is backed by a minimum of 10 years of support (5 years for Mainstream Support and 5 years for Extended Support) including regular security updates. End of support is like any lifecycle milestone – it offers you a chance to reassess direction and set yourselves up for the future.
- No longer receive security updates and patches giving hackers ample opportunity to find new penetration points and exploit them.
- Receive no new features or bug fixes which means your business may not be able to take advantage of applications that require the most recent operating systems.
- Risk not meeting regulatory compliance requirements
Extended Security Updates after end of support
For customers that can’t get it all upgraded by the deadline, new options help protect applications and data during the upgrade transition. Microsoft is offering a free extension of security updates for 3 years if you migrate and rehost your workloads in Azure. Or, if you have an EA or software assurance you can pay to receive updates for an additional 3 years.
Along with optimizing costs, reducing security threats, and increasing consistency across your infrastructure, migrating to the Microsoft cloud increases scalability and flexibility if your business is growing or has fluctuating capacity needs. In addition, your security updates are extended meaning you get to protect your business data- and your brand reputation.
iV4 is a top Microsoft Gold Partner, a two-time Microsoft Partner of the Year Winner, and a Top 200 Microsoft Solutions Provider.
- Certified Azure Cloud Solution Architects
- Microsoft P-Sellers
- Gold Level in Microsoft Cloud Platform Competency
- 2016 Microsoft Cloud Partner of the Year in the Northeast
- Access to Azure funding opportunities